Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - John White Bay2Bay walk

Author: Arthur Metcalfe
Posted: Mon 16th Oct 2017, 13:41
Local Group: West Yorkshire
To anyone thinking of walking the Bay2 Bay walk.Barrow in Furness to Robin Hood's Bay,a Coast to Coast.
I can highly recommend it. It a lot more colourfull a walk then Wainwrights, and just as intreasting to walk. There is plenty of accommadition in every stopping place and camping,although there is no Camping in Kirkby Longsdale. If you buy the books which have sections of maps with the route ,John said one should able to follow the route with out the need to carry the maps needed. But I recommend you to take them especially for the Yorkshire Dales,and both maps for the Yorkshire Moors.They were very needed when I had to come down in low to ground cloud to reach Ingelton,and Middlesmoor,and especially when entering the forests of the Yorks moors.to ensure one enters and exits at the right place. Arthur Metcalfe Ripon ,North Yorks.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law