Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - GR11/GR10 summer 2018

Author: Vicky Burr
Posted: Sun 31st Dec 2017, 13:42
Local Group: Surrey
I'm a new member, not sure if this would help, but it may be worth inviting people to hike sections of it with you. Taking a week or two out to join you may be more manageable for most people. It looks like a great adventure, good luck!
Author: Martin Bamford
Posted: Wed 11th Oct 2017, 11:23
Local Group: Sherwood
I would like to do the Atlantic to Mediterranean route through the Pyrenees in Summer 2018 (would prefer to do it on the Spanish side (GR11) but there is also the GR10 on the French side)). This takes approx 7 weeks. I may even combine with the Camino de Santiago which would make for a walk across the whole of Northern Spain of around 3 months.

I wouldn't want to do the GR11 or GR10 alone so am trying to find a walking companion. Obviously it isn't easy for many people to take 7 weeks out (I would be leaving my job and then looking for a new one afterwards) but if anyone has any vague interest then please let me know.

(My Details - English guy, 44yo, experienced hillwalker and trekker (though have never done anything on this scale), fluent Spanish speaker)

thanks
Martin

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law