Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Innov8 Roclite 315

Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Fri 17th Aug 2007, 20:52
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Thanks Mike.
Posted: Fri 17th Aug 2007, 20:13
Hi Norman, SWEATSHOP telephone number is 01322 311119.
GOOD LUCK
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Fri 17th Aug 2007, 11:45
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Hi Mike do you have contact details for the sweat shop at all? I was wondering if they would offer discount to LDWA members.
Posted: Thu 16th Aug 2007, 22:36
hi John, I,ve just bought a pair of rocklite 315 after many many months of terrible blisters from a pair of ASOLO walking boots that i paid £140 for.
I had them proffesionally fitted but i had to give up with them in the end, after trying all different socks and loads of compeed blister plasters.
Anyway about the Rocklites, THERE GREAT i wore them out of the box on a 22 mile walk with normal socks, it was a wet day and i had no problems at all.
you probably know there not waterproof but that does not matter as your feet dry quite quickly.
I will be using them with confidence on the st peters way in a day walk which is 45 miles.
And i can recommend the sweat shop in Dartford as they had a good range and lots of sizes. GOOD LUCK, Mike
Author: Frank Cartwright
Posted: Mon 23rd Oct 2006, 15:44
Local Group: Lakeland
I bought a pair of Innov Mudclaw, were excellent on both grass and rock, within a couple of months the heals came away from the soles. I emailed Innov and got an immediate reply asking for a photo of the fell shoes. Sent photo ( digital cameras are marvellous things) and got another immediate reply saying that a pair of the updated would be in the post with some socks and sun hat. Got the shoes within 48 hours , new pair been great. Excellent after sales friendly service.
Posted: Mon 9th Oct 2006, 14:40
You might want to head over to the Fell Runners forum, there lots of discussion about Inov-8 Vs Walshes. Some interesting reading.
Author: John King
Posted: Tue 19th Sep 2006, 20:34
Thanks guys Pete Blands here i come
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Sun 17th Sep 2006, 11:18
Local Group: High Peak
i use innov8 flyroc and i find the grip excellent, if you go on their website they have a run down of all their products and how they behave on different terrains
Author: Ian & Pauline Charters
Posted: Sun 17th Sep 2006, 0:06
Local Group: Lakeland
Heel problem doesn't apply to these. They have more cushioning than 'proper fell shoes' which means they are more comfortable on hard ground, they are wear less quickly which probably means the grip isn't as good.

I have a couple of pairs and have run about 150 miles in each and apart from one pair rubbing a heel from time to time the only thing I am at all unhappy about is the ability of the "studs" to hold small stones and get clogged with mud, especially the heels which means descending muddy slopes can be more hazardous then I would really like.
Author: John King
Posted: Sat 16th Sep 2006, 20:29
Anybody had experience of this shoe, Innov8 Roclite 315, i hate wearing boots and am looking for a good alternative which will be a good all rounder, ie a bit of lightweight backpacking, long days on slippery wet grass/rock (you Know what i mean) oh and a bit of running, etc and i think from reports that i have read that the Innov8 may fit the bill.

Although i am led to beleive that there have been issues with the sole parting company with the upper, and the heel cup needing to be steamed and reshaped.

Any comments would be most wellcome as i like a lot of others can`t afford expensive mistakes with my kit.

Cheers John

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law