Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Reservoir Roundabout

Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Thu 17th Aug 2017, 10:31
Local Group: Mid Wales
A good day fishing on Claerwen thanks Jason, weather horrible at times with heavy rain storms but I had 18 trout on the fly in a few hours, took a brace home for tea :)
Author: Jason Winney
Posted: Sun 13th Aug 2017, 23:24
Local Group: South Wales
Hi matt

for some reason I thought the RR went up around Llyn Gynon, but I'm lloking forward to walking the old route Dave sent me,

did you catch anything ?

Thanks Matt

Jason
Posted: Sun 13th Aug 2017, 23:22
Hi Dave

I got the maps in the post, thanks so much, I'll send them back as soon as i've transfered the way points you marked on them.

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I forgot about my post and didn't check it, so the maps were a real supprise

Best Wishes

Jason
Author: David Williams
Posted: Wed 9th Aug 2017, 17:21
Hi Jason.
I did the old RR several times but didn't keep the route descriptions. I do however, have the old route marked up on my Pathfinder maps and you are welcome to borrow them.
Dave Williams
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Sun 6th Aug 2017, 14:51
Local Group: Mid Wales
I take it you mean Nev's route, along the south west side of Claerwen? Sorry I can't do pdf stuff, but from happy memories, he had checkpoints at the old rain gauge, about SN840644 (passed it fishing trip last week, brought back those memories) and then on to the top of Claerwen SN821671. Made your own route over there and cross the two streams - what fun we had in January, no place for walkers that didn't like frozen wet feet. Then follow Monks Trod to Pont ar Elan checkpoint at road bridge. Is that what you want? No nonsense with route descriptions, off we all went into the unknown!
I do miss that walk, no offence to the current RR but those were good days, even down to the hypothermia inducing "talk" that Nev gave us before the start each time.
Posted: Thu 3rd Aug 2017, 21:10
Hi everyone

I'm trying to get hold of an older version of the Reservoir Roundabout route when it used to go up around Llyn Gynon area.

If you have a PDF version maybe you could e-mail it to me at Jasonmerlin20@hotmail.com ?

Thanks in advance

Best wishes

Jason

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law