Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Amazing service from Cotswold Outdoor!

Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Sun 11th Jun 2017, 16:59
Local Group: Mid Wales
Hi Dave and welcome,
Well you had a better experience than I did a tCotswolds - though I think there is a similar link between our experiences

I bought a pair of walking shoes there and was told by the salesperson that they now do a guaranteed replacement of the shoe if it wears out, I bring in the knackered shoe and they give me a new pair, that's it. I subscribed to their "loyalty card" thingy which I think gave me 2 years on this guarantee.
I checked with the salesperson several times and was assured it was all true "One local walker is on his 3rd pair of free boots", flippin brilliant I thought!

8 months later I returned with the remnants (I am a little hard on them!) of my shoes for a new pair. To be told by the shop manager that such a guarantee does not exist, standard gaurantee only covers faulty workmanship (the usual) and I had simply worn mine out through normal use and would have to buy a new pair at full price.

Was I mis-sold the shoes, absolutely, it sounds to me like some crossed messages have gone out through the stores regards replacement walking boots/shoe - you may have got lucky, I wasn't!
Author: Dave Lane
Posted: Tue 6th Jun 2017, 17:18
Local Group: Kent

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law