Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - NYM100 : CP5

Author: Dave Goodfellow
Posted: Wed 24th May 2017, 18:16
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Long climb at the end of rosedale valley but nothing awful, bit of road work, then path a bit tricksy on decent into Botton. Reckon the Botton-Glaisdale is worse (two climbs) and at least one if not two very wet bits of track. I enjoyed the leg out of rosedale on my recce.

Hope I haven't spoiled the surprise!
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Tue 23rd May 2017, 14:32
Local Group: Dorset
Merrian - I accidentally joined the senior category for this event this year (there is a first time for everything) I am hoping this will allow me to enter the "executive lounge" at Rosedale. I understand this also entitles me to comfortable reclining chairs, complimentary drinks, snacks and newspapers. Look forward to seeing you all
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Mon 22nd May 2017, 14:11
Local Group: Surrey
Thanks, Merrian. We look forward to your cheerful welcome.

Rosedale is at the start of the hardest section, I think, so BBN encouragement will send us on our happy/unhappy/fatalistic way fortified against hills and nightfall.

So far the weather is looking good.
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Sun 21st May 2017, 14:50
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
BBN and friends will be looking after you walkers at CP5, Rosedale School House. The NYM100 team have described the checkpoint as "exceptionally clean and tidy and has all the facilities to function as a walk checkpoint, but bijou. At peak time it may get a little cosy and if the weather is kind there is a grassy area outside to spill onto." So, fingers crossed for kind weather. Please note that there is only one toilet, so I suggest you find alternative facilities (trees, pubs, public conveniences) if you don't want to queue. As supporters are not allowed at the checkpoint, I suggest they have a beer and cheer you on from The White Horse Farm Hotel, Rosedale Abbey or The Lion Inn, Blakey, both on the route.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law