Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Wellington Boot

Author: Tim Hughes
Posted: Mon 1st May 2017, 21:14
Local Group: Marches
I'd like to add my thanks to C&D for a great walk, my first Wellington Boot. The triple challenge certificate was an added bonus and I'm quite proud of it!
Author: Jeff Campbell
Posted: Mon 24th Apr 2017, 12:01
Local Group: Surrey
Many thanks to all who made this such an enjoyable event. Having completed all previous Boots I can confirm that this one was without doubt the warmest and driest ever. Even the famous (infamous?) 2014 Wellington Monument mudslide was conspicuous by its absence.

Along with the excellent ground conditions the checkpoint support was superb throughout. The quality and quantity of food available make the Wellington Boot memorable for all the right reasons and I look forward to 2020!
Author: David J Hooper
Posted: Thu 20th Apr 2017, 21:43
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
Thanks for the detailed feedback Andrew

I just wanted to point out that the gpx file should not be relied upon soley and should be used in conjunction with the route description , map and compass.

Hope this helps

Look forward to seeing everyone on the day in Wellington, the weather looks great for a dry walk

D
Author: David J Hooper
Posted: Thu 20th Apr 2017, 16:26
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
Hi Andrew

The gpx file was created using a Suunto watch and view ranger.

If you would like one from the marshals event created with a Garmin please drop me an email.

david.j.hooper@icloud.com
Author: Andy Todd
Posted: Tue 18th Apr 2017, 20:50
Local Group: Wiltshire
Does anyone have a better GPX track than the version on the C&D web site?

Not a major issue, but on normal settings I am going to keep getting route alarms.

FWIW anyone who is planning on using just the GPX track could well have problems.

Andy

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law