Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - We're 'WI for the OCD' !

Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Mon 20th Mar 2017, 23:13
Local Group: West Yorkshire
while obsessively walking the Wales Coat Path, I saw a lady wearing a T shirt which said:=
'I have CDO, its like OCD, but with the letters neatly arranged in alphabetical order'
Just completed the Trent and Mersey canal walk.
Author: Iain Connell
Posted: Mon 20th Mar 2017, 13:58
Local Group: East Lancashire
From a 2016 Amazon review by one Willie Taylor of Julie Welch's 'Out on Your Feet' (Arum Press 2009):

"This was a weird book. I certainly didn't dislike it, but it wasn't what I expected. [...] I wanted to know more about the intricacies of the [annual Hundred] walks. What to wear, what to take with you etc. There was actually very little of that. I also thought that the sketches made the Long Distance Walkers Association sound very Middle England, a bit like a Women's Institute [WI] for the OCD [Obsessive Compulsive Disorder[ed]]".

God to see it's still being discovered ...

(From the evidence of the other Amazon reviews, Julie's book has encouraged at least one other reader to start - and I think is still - doing Hundreds.)

Iain

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law