Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - North Yorkshire 100 Recce

Author: Ben Cooley
Posted: Fri 24th Mar 2017, 19:10
Local Group: Mid Wales
Hi Simon, thanks again for your reply.

No worries with this one. I'll keep my eye out for final RD and get the highlighter out where needed.

I fully appreciate all the hard work being put in to organise this event so really looking forward to it.

Cheers
Ben
Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Fri 24th Mar 2017, 17:54
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Hi Ben,

Luckily the route hasn't changed too much and so you'll be able to use the map you've bough on the NYM 100 and you won't be in trouble with your finical advisor!

The change so far are:

- The start has changed to avoid congestion on narrow tracks at the beginning.
- The route out breakfast avoids doubling back on yourself too much.
- We've had to relocate checkpoint 1 from Slingsby Bank to Easthorpe Business Park for safety reasons.

Simon.
Posted: Fri 24th Mar 2017, 17:33
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. Fully appreciate your point that the route could be subject to change as I have had to amend an event map following the Marshalls walk on a previous 100.

I didn't realise when I followed the link and saw the marked route on their website that it wasn't endorsed so I dived in and clicked "Buy".

Thankfully my "Financial Advisor" doesn't read this forum so won't know I blew £20!
Many thanks.
Posted: Fri 24th Mar 2017, 7:30
Hi Ben,

To clarify...

The link that is on the NYM 100 is for a bespoke 1:50K map centred on the NYM 100 route and therefore can used as an alternative to the 3 x 1:25K maps - if you're happy to use a map at the smaller scale.

UK Map Centre have also created a map using the recce route (from our website) and checkpoints (which are now wrong as we've had to change them). When I was asked about creating this map I informed them that we didn't want this happen as we want the flexibility to change the route if we spotted anything on marshal's walk - which we're using as a dry run of main event.

Simon.
Posted: Thu 23rd Mar 2017, 20:46
Hi Simon,
I have already bought one of these maps after following the link on the NYM 100 site under "Maps". I assumed that as it was advertised on the event site, it was therefore endorsed. Is this the same map, and if so, Shouldn't that link be taken down?
Posted: Wed 22nd Mar 2017, 7:38
Hi Jeff,

The official line on this is that we will NOT be offering a NYM 100 map with the highlighted route on it.

The reasoning behind this is that we don't want to release the route before the event as it contains sections that we only have permissions for the day. Also we reserve the right to change the route at a moments notice.

There is an unofficial map doing the rounds from the UK map centre based on the Recce route, but as this product wasn't endorsed by us it doesn't contain the latest route, as we've already had to change several bits to accommodate the marshals checkpoints
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Sun 19th Mar 2017, 9:23
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi There

Could anyone tell me if there will be a map of the North Yorkshire 100 route with highlighted route and stops one the Dorset 100 had

Many thanks
Jeff
Author: Nick Hooper
Posted: Mon 27th Feb 2017, 7:47
Local Group: Northumbria
Whilst recce-ing Sectin 6 on Sunday I dropped my Garmin Etrex, cleverly camouflaged in a black leather case. I checked position and mileage on leaving the road in section 6.8 and went to do so on rejoining the road at the end of sectoin 6.9 to find I had dropped it somewhere along this section. In the unlikely event someone finds it amongst the heather (or more likely in a bog) I would love to have it back as it was a present from my wife and has accompanied us on many walks including several 100s.
Enjoy your walking.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law