Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - That`s Lyth

Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Sun 29th Jan 2017, 21:02
Local Group: Lakeland
Commiserations to the 80 entrants who looked out of the window at the horrible weather this morning and decided not to travel over to Kendal. The 250 people who did enjoyed a wonderful Lakeland walk when the weather played it's tricks and produced a lovely day.
Particular thanks to the generous folk who contributed almost £300 to the appeal for the Alzheimer's Society in memory of our good friend George Roden, whose garage was hijacked as CP3 on That's Lyth for as long as anyone can remember. This will be supplemented by the Group from the event surplus.
A memorable day.
Author: John King
Posted: Sun 29th Jan 2017, 18:44
Thank you Lakeland LDWA for another excellent That`s Lyth it is always a joy to arrive at the checkpoints and to be met by such a superb group of folk ready to feed us and spur us on, without these kind volunteers these events couldn't happen and I fo oner would like to thank the whole team from Lakeland LDWA.

Thanks all

On a sadder note RIP George I will always think of you as I pass Cote corner

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law