Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - 'Walking the Americas'

Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Tue 10th Jan 2017, 17:01
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Watched the first part today. Around 6 years ago I went on a driving holiday in Central America and the program is not overstating the dangers of travelling in the area. There are roads that you cannot drive down because of bandits that will kill you without question. Nice to see that there is now a road from the Belize western boarder to meet the Guatemala road network. When I drove it, it was 15 miles of rutted jungle mud tracks to reach Belize.
Author: Iain Connell
Posted: Mon 9th Jan 2017, 12:44
Local Group: East Lancashire
Sundays on Channel 4 at 8pm or thereabouts for the next three weeks (episode one of four was Jan 8th 17): Levison Wood's latest long walk, this one 1800 miles From Mexico to Columbia via the Darien Gap (which has been crossed "on foot" - including pushing a raft - before).

Previous walks have included a death from heat-stroke and a near-fatal car crash, so seven lives left. He's 35 this year, after which he'll better appreciate the need to 'prepare fitness' for such expeditions (Belize was where he did his British Army training). I expect there'll be a book out soon.

Iain

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law