Author: Helen Abbott
Posted: Sat 24th Dec 2016, 17:20
Local Group: Thames Valley
Previously Posted but Potentially Pertinent:
A Peculiarly Political Perambulation
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Thu 15th Dec 2016, 12:41
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Didn't the Referendum show the most exemplary timing - a vote to reduce the security and sound economic future of Europe - just when Russia and now the USA are in the grip of two lying and psychotic egomaniacs. Give me "pinko liberals" anytime to the extreme right wing fascists and discredited bunch of loony kippers and their Tory fellow travellers - who came out of our darkest nightmares, viz Farage, Redwood, Davies, Johnson, Lawson and Fox. We are not out yet!
Author: David Kearns
Posted: Wed 14th Dec 2016, 9:13
Barack Obama told us to "go to the back of the queue" which I guess works both ways. We've more than enough moaning pinko liberals of our own, thanks very much.

If you want an argument on international politics I'm your man, but isn't this forum supposed to be about long-distance walking?
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Tue 13th Dec 2016, 13:41
Local Group: Mid Wales
I can't speak for the Queen, though I'm sure I can get a message through to her via her son, who is a local lad to us, I met his missus (Camilla) last year and we had a lovely chat about squirrels. My kind of woman.

But we would love for you to come back as we also have a little problem having fallen out with all our neighbours, you may well be the nearest country that is willing to talk us now; we've had our ups and downs with all Europe and knocked nine bells out of each other over the centuries, but now they really have the hump with us. Usual nonsense, someone said something and before you know it we are sent to Coventry (it's an English expression - you'll find it in Wiki).

We would love to have Kim, she seems a nice lady who has fallen on hard times, all her bling stolen by some French thief and now her husband has gone potty (he was never the full sandwich). So long as she leaves him behind I'm sure we can find some social services care for her and the kids over here. Sarah is a sporting lady, she would fit in well here - maybe Scotland, safer to keep her north of the border in case she goes off on one, plenty of space for her to run riot and let off steam. But please leave the family behind, from what I've seen they are serious baggage. Bonkers the lot of them.

We have a couple of jolly fellows here called Nigel and Boris, I think you should take them in return. Nigel would thrive in the USA, he has nothing to do here and loves sitting at a bar with a pint of beer and a ciggie and telling stories, great practical joker is Nigel, him and Boris played a corker of a practical joke on the whole country here a few months ago.
Boris is a happy fellow too, even speaks Latin and most jovial. You should have them both and start another TV series of Friends with these 2 propping up the bar. Can't fail.
Author: Richard Pardi
Posted: Mon 12th Dec 2016, 19:58
As international member, USA, and a long time UK hiker I make this urgent plea. Is there anyone out there with a connection with the Queen? A number of us in the US want to find out if the UK would be interested in taking us back. We apologize for the hot heads of 1776 for damaging our relations with your king. We are hoping that you will forgive us and take us back. We will even pay tor the tea that was thrown into Boston harbor..

We know back then your king was a little daft but now our "King Trump" is going off the deep end. Your fair and noble country is our only hope. PLEASE TAKE US BACK, we have some great assets we can provide, without charge. Names like Sarah Palin, the most up to date, knowable political pundit. And how about Kim Kardashian, she has a treasure chest full of talents. As you can see our country is full of great talents egar to descent on the UK..

Please time is running out, there's a rumor going around that starting next September we will have to learn Russian. Hurry take us back.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law