Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Drones at Events

Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Fri 12th May 2017, 13:07
Local Group: London
Another example of the danger of drones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq700m34BMc
Author: Mike Childs
Posted: Wed 3rd May 2017, 17:55
Local Group: Dorset
It would be faster if we use trained message carrying whippets for the straightforward A to B sections
Author: Helen Abbott
Posted: Wed 3rd May 2017, 13:17
Local Group: Thames Valley
Would that be Pigeon Activated Comms Eventually Received?
Shame it was not part of the system test.
Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Wed 3rd May 2017, 12:47
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Mike,

Like idea of PACER using pigeons - the results would be live in a fortnight!
Author: Mike Childs
Posted: Wed 3rd May 2017, 8:16
Local Group: Dorset
Simon, those pigeons might be useful at checkpoints where the mobile reception is poor. Is it true that Yorkshire pigeons can also carry little cameras?
Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Tue 2nd May 2017, 12:44
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Hi John,

Don't worry we will not be flying any drones at this year's hundred. None of us know how to fly one. However someone releasing their pigeons is another story!
Posted: Mon 1st May 2017, 21:11
With the forthcoming Main 100 in the North York Moors I thought that it was about time to revisit this problem.
I don't know if the organisers have been contacted by any potential drone pilots who might be hoping to fly at the event on the next Bank Holiday.
I think it worth reiterating that there are no circumstances under which it would be legal for anybody to fly a drone anywhere at this event (see the earlier post for details).
If you see anybody attempting to do so then please ask them to refrain. If they insist on flying, then please video the flight and contact the police immediately to report illegal drone activity.

I had thought earlier of trying to get the Risk Assessment updated to include drones, but I just ran out of time. Maybe this can be added into future Risk Assessments?
Posted: Fri 23rd Sep 2016, 11:13

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law