Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - The Green London Way

Author: Dick Bowman
Posted: Wed 2nd Nov 2016, 20:01
Local Group: London
Late to reply, but...

Had me confused a little until I looked around and found the website. What I see there looks like it wavers between the Capital Ring and London Loop; been round both of those in the last year or so and would expect a similar experience - some good bits and some dreary bits (these mostly involving trudges along housing streets or beside roads to navigate between the green spaces).

Unless I'm wrong I'd suspect that there will be no explicit signing - translating the guide maps onto a more explicit map would probably be a good idea.

At first I thought you were asking about the London Countryway (longer and further out), which I''ve just begun and probably deserves more group visits (Des de Moor's site has lengthy text directions and descriptions).
Author: Ian Bagley
Posted: Mon 25th Jul 2016, 20:22
Local Group: Lincolnshire
Hi,

I'm planning on doing The 100mile London Green Way next April... Has anyone here done it? Whats it like? any particular challenges?

Ian

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law