Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Andresweald - 10th July

Author: R Neil Higham
Posted: Sat 2nd Jul 2016, 17:30
Local Group: Kent
This year's High Weald event is the Andredsweald, from Forest Row.

The 15 mile route includes the Ashdown Forest (Yeah! Winnie the Pooh lived here!) and absolutely stunning scenery (make sure you closely follow the route, not any other walkers - or the thousands of cyclists). CP1 is a bit of a mecca - I was going to say 'honey pot' ........
The 20 mile route also goes past a 'castle' where Henry 8 pursued Anne Boleyn (this was well before he chopped her head off!)
The 26 mile route does all of the above, goes past Harrison's Rocks (of Dr Who fame), as well as crossing a preserved railway line (twice), a main line and does 2+ miles on a disused line.
All routes do some of the Weald Way, Vanguard Way and the High Weald Landscape Trail; the Sussex Border Path also makes an appearance on the 26 route.

Barring a dramatic change in weather over the next 7 days, I guess that it may still be a little damp underfoot. Plenty of uphill to keep the purist interested, the rest is downhill and on the flat - the disused railway line is there as recompense for the hills.

There are still places available. Entry via SIEntries (preferred)

Any questions? E-mail me on neil.higham1@tesco.net

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law