Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Durham Dales Challenge

Author: Ian Hull
Posted: Tue 28th Jun 2016, 14:51
Local Group: South Pennine
Long may the Durham Dales event continue & prosper ! We've lost a few events recently & don't want to lose any more ! It's an excellent event , this year the organisers had more than their share of issues with an enforced change of event HQ , trying to find parking in Wolsingham , paths washed away requiring diversions in the last couple of miles . The change of route at the start to keep off the road was also much better .

Entrants are a flexible bunch & will work around any short notice changes . The route & scenery is superb , matched by the enthusiasm of marshals , checkpoint catering & fab curry at the finish . Thanks to Northumbria group for putting on a great event .
Author: John Falcus
Posted: Mon 27th Jun 2016, 20:12
Local Group: Northumbria
As chairperson of the Northumbria Group I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone involved in organising and making this years event such a success. There had been a number of changes to this years event and we were unsure of the reaction from those taking part. However the feedback I received when talking to competitors at checkpoint 7 was all positive and everyone commented on how friendly and helpful the marshals, at every checkpoint , had been. The attitude of those competing in both the 16 and 30 routes and their willingness to embrace the changes also played a big part in the success of the event. I look forward to seeing you all again in 2017.
Author: Wendy Leete
Posted: Sun 26th Jun 2016, 17:43
Local Group: North Yorkshire
The 27th in fact - although it was my first time. An absolutely fantastic route with a mixture of field, forest and moorland - one or two areas almost remote which only adds to the challenge and beauty of the route. As usual the support from the marshalls and organisers was great. Excellent food all round.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law