Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Anti-chaffing cream

Author: John Barry
Posted: Thu 11th Oct 2018, 14:37
Local Group: Anytime Anywhere
I use this all the time for distance running. Never let me down.

https://www.bodyglide.com/
Author: Roy Turner
Posted: Fri 4th Nov 2016, 21:40
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
The old favourite, Zinc & Caster Oil Cream, we used for nappy-rash has served me well over the years , as it still does to this day.
Never get soreness problems, its great !!
Roy.
Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Thu 22nd Sep 2016, 20:48
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I use vaseline very sparingly.

On another topic people said it as too greasy, but I do not find it so as I use so little.

However, you can now buy a version which contains coconut fat.

It looks and smells more like something you would rub onto yourself rather than say a bicycle chain. Not that I ever have anything to do with bicyce chains!
Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Tue 24th May 2016, 15:25
Local Group: London
"Lanacane Anti-Chafing Gel" Nick, that's exactly what I bought in Boots yesterday. I read all about Acriflex but that seemed to be aimed at post-chafing damage. The Lanacane seemed to be what I was after: Pre-chafing prevention.
Author: Nick Vanson
Posted: Tue 24th May 2016, 13:53
Local Group: Thames Valley
John, I have just been recommended Lanacane Anti-Chafing Gel which from the info on the packaging seems like the bee's knees. Got mine from Boots and it'll be with me in Dorset!
Author: David Kearns
Posted: Mon 23rd May 2016, 9:55
Acriflex Cream, in a tube. We were recommended it back in the year dot when one of the children had nappy rash, and found it a splendid emollient for many skin problems.

Dave
Posted: Mon 23rd May 2016, 9:07
Thanks David, presumably you recommend the "Acriflex Skin Cooling Gel" rather than "Acriflex Cream" (an antiseptic burns cream)?
Author: David Kearns
Posted: Sun 22nd May 2016, 10:40
Acriflex.
Posted: Sat 21st May 2016, 23:22
What's the currently recommended anti-chaffing cream?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law