Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - That's Lyth

Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Wed 2nd Mar 2016, 8:00
Local Group: Northumbria
Thank you to the organisers and helpers who can put on an event for £5/£6 with many facilities, three indoor checkpoints and good food, and still create a large donation. Well done.
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Tue 1st Mar 2016, 20:54
Local Group: Lakeland
Many thanks to all those who took part in the event, and the volunteers who made it possible. Everyone will be aware of the enormous damage caused by storm Desmond to the Lake District paths and infrastructure, and we are donating the £1000 surplus made on the event to "Fix the Fells".
Posted: Sun 31st Jan 2016, 19:17
Thanks, John and the 200 or so who braved the forecast and found that the weather was not so bad as expected - positively balmy after what we have endured in Cumbria this winter. Particular praise to the group who fought their way down from Edinburgh through snow in the Borders to arrive after everyone else had started and complete the walk/run. Over 100 no shows so there are lots of cans of soup left for Spring in Lakeland in April!
Quite a few items left behind at the finish. If you wish to claim any of the following give me a call on 01539 - 730365 with a description and we will try to reunite owner with property:-
1. Paramo waterproof jacket.
2. Ring found on the floor (may have been there already).
3. Pair of Innov- 8 shoes ( possibly abandoned!)
4. Bottoms and two tops in a bag.
5. Baseball style hat.
Author: John King
Posted: Sun 31st Jan 2016, 16:17
Thank you all at Lakeland LDWA for an excellent day on That`s life my dog an I were made very welcome at all the checkpoints despite us both looking as if we were the monsters from the swamp (nice to see George still looking well and showing an interest at Levens), loved the mud and underfoot conditions made for a good test of stamina, even the weather was better than forecast and the Jam Doughnuts were a splendid energy boast with the feeling that I had earned a treat.
Thank you all once again and all the best for the future.
JohnK
Author: Carmel Keary
Posted: Fri 29th Jan 2016, 21:08
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Thank you Tony very helpful, and thank you Ian Hull for forwarding 2012 Tracklog.
Posted: Fri 29th Jan 2016, 8:39
I'm afraid we don't have a GPS file of the route - we will see if we can produce one for next year. The major change to the route is that you continue all the way along the ridge on Whitbarrow and drop down the nose, with a new approach to the Witherslack checkpoint. The descent off the side of Whitbarrow has become too slippery and dangerous.
The checkpoint in Levens has moved from George's garage to a hall, and the start is no longer from the Scout hut in Kendal, we have moved to Abbot Hall Community Centre.
Author: Carmel Keary
Posted: Thu 21st Jan 2016, 23:55
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Does anyone have a gps file of the walk that I could download onto my Garmin gps. I last completed the event in 2006 but I expect the route may have some changes since then. Many thanks
Posted: Mon 11th Jan 2016, 17:14
The entry list for That's Lyth on 31st January is now full. The good news is that despite all the problems created in Cumbria by the weather on 5th December and subsequently, the route is clear and no wetter or muddier than you would expect in mid - January. I look forward to meeting old friends at Witherslack checkpoint.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law