Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - European E Routes

Author: Michael Rouse
Posted: Mon 23rd May 2016, 21:43
Local Group: Heart of England
Thank you Adam, that has been very helpful.
All the best
Mike Rouse
Author: Adam Dawson
Posted: Tue 17th May 2016, 17:35
Local Group: London
You could take a look at joining up some of the GRs to compose your route - there is an overview map at http://about-france.com/tourism/long-distance-footpaths.htm and you can download GPXs from http://www.gr-infos.com/gr-en.htm
Author: Michael Rouse
Posted: Mon 9th May 2016, 13:46
Local Group: Heart of England
I am hoping to walk across France. Ideally starting at Le Harve and walking the length of the Seine, across to the Rhone and then down to the South Coast.
I am having trouble finding any maps or route notes. The E routes don't seem to cover these rivers.
Any ideas?
Michael Rouse
Author: Jane Laurie
Posted: Mon 8th Feb 2016, 20:47
Local Group: Wiltshire
I walked from the northern Greek border down to the southernmost part of the Greek mainland in 2014, partly on E4, E6 but also the national O3 and local trails. This was partly because we wanted to go to different places and followed quite a roundabout route, but also the E routes were sometimes fine, well-maintained and waymarked, but at other times just followed tarred roads or were completely overgrown. Finding an alternative was ok though, and good maps are available. There are very few hikers, except in a couple of more popular spots, but the Greek villagers and shepherds are very welcoming - so that's where we found the social interest. The scenery is great - snow capped mountains, lakes, rivers, forests, and then down to the coast at the end. I really recommend it. You can see my blog at greekhiking.com or I'm happy to talk it through with you.
Author: Jeremy Corke
Posted: Wed 3rd Feb 2016, 16:44
Local Group: Bristol & West
Neil
I have done a few of these E trails, and am planning another this year.
Do get in touch?
Jeremy Corke
jeremycorke77@outlook.com
Author: Neil Hake
Posted: Mon 2nd Nov 2015, 9:26
Local Group: Bristol & West
Wondering if anyone has ever done any of these either in parts or whole? Seems to be very little literature or help guides out there. So wondering if anyone can point me in correct direction for planning it, things like if and where wild camping, can be done. resupply points etc, also is there many people walking them? Much social aspect to them?
Or would you recommend PCT/CDT in America instead loads of info and a good social element to them.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law