Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Goyt Valley Challenge (New!)

Author: Jonathan Comber
Posted: Mon 5th Oct 2015, 20:02
I agree it was a good event, helped by lovely weather and better conditions underfoot than I'd expect this time of year considering the number of bogs marked on the route description! I hope it gets repeated next year although if it is I would prefer a normal route description than the wainwright maps on which I went wrong a couple of times & I don't think I was the only one.

The only negative was I got trailed for the last 10 or so miles by somebody who wasn't carrying maps or route description and was expecting me to do the navigation for him. Bizarrely he never seemed to go into a checkpoint so I'm not even sure he'd entered!
Author: Louise Whittaker
Posted: Sun 4th Oct 2015, 21:01
Local Group: Staffordshire
This was a new challenge event organised by South Manchester Group. What a fabulous route - really fabulous - every inch of it - great views. Lots of hills - up & down all day with some lovely ridge walks - it is a challenging event. Checkpoints were well stocked throughout and the route was signed in key places. A great event - a big thank you to all those involved in the organisation.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law