Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Pembrokeshire Coast Path

Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Wed 11th May 2016, 18:49
Local Group: West Yorkshire
We have completed the Pembroksehire Coast Path now and strongly recommend it. The summer coast buses are very useful, you can do the whole lot without carrying bags or paying anyone to move them for you. This makes it a cheap path to complete. If you have a car you can be based anywhere along the route, park at the end of your walk and get a bus to the start.
Without a car you would need to be based in Pembroke for a week, St Davids for a week and then a few days at Newport.
There may be more satisfaction in doing the route in strict order, but by using the buses you can ensure you go to the military range and the tidal crossings on sensible days.
The Cardiganshire Coast path is also very good and has good bus services.
We have done all 19 Long Distance Paths now and linked them altogether.
I am really pleased thet we discovered the LDWA Trails register, after we had completed 7,as this gave us the impetus to do the rest. Its been great!
We have few bits of the English Coast to do and most of the Welsh Coast so we won't get bored!
Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Tue 15th Sep 2015, 12:11
Local Group: West Yorkshire
We have just had a good week on this wonderful LDP. It is in good order.
It is possible to stay in Pembroke (Poppy Cottage good) and use buses to get from Tenby to Herbranston using buses.
The military section west of Bosherston is a must. It is open every Sunday and more in summer, buses can be used to do this section out of order if need be. Our guidebook highlighted a chapel, some stacks and a natural arch but omitted to mention that SE of the stacks is a collapsed cave which is very spectacular and calls for careful inspection.
There is a 'military bridleway' shown as the PCP on new maps but not way-marked as such on the ground. It is not well walked but much better than road walking.
There is a fair bit of tarmac between Neyland and Milford Haven but some nice sections and spectacular crossings off pipelines.

Only the other 90 miles of this path to do now and I will be onto platinum!
Author: Steve Clark
Posted: Sat 8th Nov 2014, 9:37
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Myself and Betty Sherry had a weeks holiday on the Pembrockshire Coast Path, my photos are on the BBN web site under "Others".

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law