Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Over Pronation - Problems

Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Tue 10th Mar 2015, 20:34
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Richard
Glad to hear of your NHS success, but it is hit and miss.
I have used NHS twice and first time I was given useful insoles the next time useless ones
I used private twice and both times good but very expensive
I get by on shop bought insoles. Stretches help if I remember to do them
Author: Richard Long
Posted: Fri 6th Mar 2015, 9:20
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Author: Mark & Des Donohoe
Posted: Fri 14th Nov 2014, 20:13
Local Group: Surrey
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Wed 12th Nov 2014, 20:15
Local Group: East Lancashire
I think that a full length insole is best if it will fit into the shoe and accommodate the toes.

The full length insole assumes that there is enough room in the toe box of the shoe to accommodate the toes, which will suffer if they are pushed up against the inside of the toe box.

I think 3/4 length insoles are designed to give the toes more room to wiggle about, and it seems to me that the foot was not designed to have an abrupt edge (which some 3/4 insoles have) to walk on.

If the edge of the 3/4 insole is too abrupt, then there could be a reaction across the foot where this line occurs. Bringing the line to just behind the metatarsal heads might help as might a very shallow chamfer. (a bench grinder could do this). Ouch! Grind the insole not the foot!!!

Having the insole fitted when the boots are new to accommodate both the insole and the toes would be favourite.
Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Sat 8th Nov 2014, 15:07
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I use insoles like Superfeet and some more expensive types. I prefer full length as shorter ones lead to hard skin where the sole ends. This puts on pressure and its like walking on blisters!
My pronation leads to Plantar fasciitis and all sorts of inflammation and lumps on my leg and ankle tendons. If I am going for a walking holiday I take Ibuprofen, but otherwise I just try to ignore the problems.

It is good to use a heavy stiff walking boot if you have these problems. Brasher boots are lovely to walk in at first, but if you have foot problems and light comfy boots the problems quickly get out of control, at least in my case.
Author: Mark & Des Donohoe
Posted: Fri 7th Nov 2014, 21:06
Local Group: Surrey

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law