Discussion Forum - Events - Round Rotherham

Author: Alan Thomas
Posted: Mon 10th Jan 2022, 8:59
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Found it, much appreciated.
Author: Shirley Hume
Posted: Sun 9th Jan 2022, 21:54
Local Group: South Wales
The most recent route is on the Round Rotherham website.
Author: Alan Thomas
Posted: Sun 9th Jan 2022, 20:57
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Hi all.

I'm new to the LDWA and this forum.

I'm wanting to do the round Rotherham 50 shortly but not the organised one as I can't take my dog. Does any one have a detailed route they could point me in the direction of please?
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Wed 29th Oct 2014, 22:52
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
This was a very good event and an excellent qualifying 50 event for the 100. Thanks to all you long suffering helpers and marshalls who waited for me and my friend way past the closing time! It's a very pleasant countryside stroll ( well, that's what they thought I was doing) but well worth it.

And a special hug to Henry for walking me round and giving me the history of the area he has grown up in and seen all the changes. See you next year Henry. Promise I will be (a little) quicker!

And yes got my qualifier at last! Role on the Red Rose!

I rather fancy that posh hotel to stay at the end of the 100 with sauna and jacuzzi,,,

Eileen
Author: John Phillips
Posted: Mon 13th Oct 2014, 8:39
Local Group: East Yorkshire
This is one of the best value events on the calendar. Not only is it one of the cheaper 50's but it includes a wicking t shirt in the price. Food is adequate but take some of your own just in case.
Author: Andrew Gilbertson
Posted: Tue 7th Oct 2014, 12:11
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
The food on RRR is not brilliant but adequate. On the plus side there are 7 CP 😀 I normally take some extra food with me just in case.
It is a very good event. The early start is a joy compared to some 50s which don't start until the afternoon.
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Mon 6th Oct 2014, 21:01
Local Group: West Yorkshire
There's always been plenty of food - just like an LDWA event. The mid-way stop is usually soup and bread. You don't have much time to complete it as a walker but I think that's the only downfall. And (for the early checkpoints) you need to watch out for the relay runners who go charging past at a right rate of knots! Enjoy!
Author: Armorel Young
Posted: Sun 5th Oct 2014, 20:14
Local Group: Sherwood
Since Round Rotherham is aimed largely at runners and isn't an LDWA event, I'm not quite sure what to expect. Can anyone who has done it before tell me what we can expect in the way of food at checkpoints? The route description mentions food at the 25-mile checkpoint, but doesn't say of what sort - does that mean that there is no food at all at the other checkpoints?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law