Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Anyone interested in forming a team for the Tour de Trigs?

Author: Linda Gould
Posted: Wed 14th Jan 2015, 18:34
Local Group: Heart of England
This event is a 'must do' for anyone up for a real winter challenge. I have entered twice and completed twice, it has got to be one of the hardest, fun and most satisfying events to do. Yes, there is a strict kit list, but you do know that in advance. Some items are for sale (luckily I would say) but in our experience, certainly the required bandage was significantly cheaper than Boots. Talking of footware, as long as the boots are sturdy and cover the ankle then they will be fine. The volunteers put in a huge effort and are unfailingly supportive and encouraging, they will not, however, help you out, navigation is your problem. It is advertised as a very challenging winter event, this is certainly what we were looking for and it lived up to that. Great fun, I really urge every one to have a go. Linda (definitely not Jerry!).
Author: Michael Kempster
Posted: Wed 14th Jan 2015, 14:57
Local Group: Sherwood
I've entered the Tour De Trigs 3 times and completed it twice. I've never worn leather boots for it and having just checked their website it says

'strong walking BOOTS in good condition with cleated sole and ankle support. To complete this hike, we strongly recommend leather boots.'

I've always found it quite testing because there is only a limited time to get any distance under your belt before it goes dark. The kit list is quite extensive and in the past I have always found them to be very strict. Every year we seem to have found ourselves either without a piece of kit or with something that was deemed inadequate. Surprisingly, they always seemed to be able to sell you the item you were short of. We used to say everyone had to report to the fleecing zone to buy something as part of the entry requirements...! Still good fun and I would do it again.
Author: Michael Jones
Posted: Thu 6th Nov 2014, 10:58
Thanks Elton - I did ask the organisers about that possibility, but they never replied to my queries. As it happens I've now gone and got another job abroad, so I won't be able to do it anyway.

Without looking at the label, I would have no idea what material my boots were made from (although I can tell it doesn't look like leather), nor have I ever bothered to measure the diameter of my torch...
Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Mon 3rd Nov 2014, 14:10
Local Group: London
This event has some horribly restrictive rules, such as 'only leather boots', 'no leggings, such as Tracksters', 'A standard torch with a minimum lens diameter of 40mm, spare batteries and bulb; or LED torch with minimum of four diodes and lens diameter of at least 25mm'
See http://www.tourdetrigs.org.uk/#!before-tour-de-trigs/cuho
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Sat 1st Nov 2014, 12:10
Local Group: Surrey
The one time I did it, I just turned up (on the organiser's advice) and they formed a team for me with other loners.
Author: Michael Jones
Posted: Fri 26th Sep 2014, 16:17
6th-7th December - entry has to be in teams of three, would anyone like to join me?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law