Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Welsh International Four Day's Walk's

Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Mon 22nd Sep 2014, 9:43
Local Group: Mid Wales
Jane and I have done the 4 days for quite a few years and always enjoyed it, living locally helps.

Unfortunately I could only be there for the Saturday walk, another good route even if I did twice go round in circles and find myself back on the same path I was on an hour previously - I take full responsibility for not paying attention, no change there then!

Only pity is that it is not better attended, we have always said it is an excellent 4 days out in good countryside and sometimes (like this year) it doesn't rain in Wales. Also good social scene in the evenings at the pub........and beer in convivial company in the pub. This should be a full up social, walking and beer drinking weekend, I think we could lose the walks soon if not better attended, Lyndsey puts in a lot of effort for little reward unfortunately. Matthew.
Author: Andrew Gilbertson
Posted: Sun 21st Sep 2014, 17:21
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
A brilliant event. They put on 25,15 or 10 mile routes each day. All different! All Way Marked! Great walking. Based on The Neuadd Arms Hotel, Llanwrtyd Wells.
We could only do two days as I had to return to work on the Fri and we had booked to do The Surrey Tops on Sat. However we plan to return next year for the Full Monty and do 25 each day.
If you have not been to the area before I recommend taking maps to compliment the way marking as some of the signs get removed by landowners.
Andrew Gilbertson

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law