Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - C3PO

Author: Alan Greenwood
Posted: Fri 19th Sep 2014, 19:33
Local Group: Calderdale
Hi Merrian
I base my decision on which event to do by choosing the ones organised by LDWA groups. Last weekend there was a new LDWA event from Gargrave in Yorkshire and that got my vote for those two reasons. If we do not support our own events they will wither and die. There are many other varied reasons why people might choose an event and I can think of a lot of pluses for Thats Life even though there is a good bit of road on it and you have to chase through the centre of Kendal twice. It is of course an LDWA event and is well organised. You are well fed and has an entry fee of £5. The route is good and it has been established for quite some time. However they do do not publish the number of runners entered and I would say there appears to be a lot so when runners are taken out there is probably a low number of walkers.

Alan
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Tue 16th Sep 2014, 16:29
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
I was one of 30 people doing the 22 mile route on C3PO on Sunday. There was some discussion about why there weren't more people, but it was just speculation. Why does That's Lyth fill up with 300 entries but C3PO has so few? If you're a regular on That's Lyth and haven't done C3PO, what puts you off entering? If you've done C3PO, why not do it again? If you've considered C3PO, what puts you off entering? There's no hidden agenda, I'm just curious.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law