Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - St Cuthberts Way - definitely one of Scotland's Great Trails

Author: Allan Ricketts
Posted: Wed 17th Sep 2014, 10:42
Local Group: Bristol & West
Hi Raymond
Many thanks for info
Regards Allan
Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Wed 17th Sep 2014, 9:16
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Allan
I am not sure what you mean by a template - the daily sections perhaps?
We did not back pack, but stayed at a B & B which ran us to the start/finish each day. So our schedule may be irrelevant to you, but if you want it I will post it
I do not recall any route finding problems, a wasp nest and some bracken has been removed at our request!
You need to get your tide times right so you can use the saints way rather than the causeway.
Its along shop free stretch from St Boswells to Morebattle, but there is a coffee shop at Harestanes - in fact 2.
Author: Allan Ricketts
Posted: Tue 16th Sep 2014, 23:35
Local Group: Bristol & West
Hi Raymond

Good to hear you enjoyed this Way. The walk is on my backpack to do list and I have Ron Shaw's Official Guide. Could you post a template of your walk and enroute tips that would help with planning

Regards Allan
Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Wed 13th Aug 2014, 21:36
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I did this walk recently with friends.
It is mostly on paths in good order, not much road sections, and on most road sections the verge can be used
Very varied with high quality scenery and interesting places. The tidal crossing on the Saints Way is an exciting finish
Bus connection from Berwick Rail station to Melrose. There is a tidally timed bus from Lindisfarne to Berwick but it is a nice walk.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law