Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Durham Dales Challenge

Author: Philip Powell
Posted: Mon 26th Jun 2006, 15:22
Local Group: Northumbria
You'll be up for the 28 next year - and 52 the year after! Heopfully, we will be able to hold the 52 next year - we didn't really have the manpower available having only just got over the LDWA 100 in the Cheviots.
Posted: Mon 26th Jun 2006, 14:33
This waa my first challenge walk having only been a member since March. I would just like to extend my thanks to the organisers who put on a really good walk with varying terrain. The happy smiley faces at the CP's with offers of hot and cold drinks and cakes and pies in the middle of nowhere was luxury. I only did the 16 mile route as this is around the distance I prefer at the moment but my challenge was to maintain a good speed. I was under the weather with a head cold but just, by the skin of my teeth, reached my goal of no more than 5 hours. I finished on exactly 5 hrs - phew. I was so impressed when reading the results the next day that some of the 28 milers completed in 7 hours!!! I take my hat off to you.

To finish of with a hot meal at the end was very well received in my case. Thanks again to all helpers and officials for an enjoyable day and great walking.

Eileen

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law