Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The 3 Rings of Shap - A Proper Challenge Walk

Author: Gordon Aspin
Posted: Tue 4th Jul 2006, 21:16
As one of the relatively small number who managed all three rings, I have to say that notwithstanding the challenge, it was an outstanding event. Personally I found that the return to Shap at the end of each ring really helped me psychologically as I only ever focused on the distance to the end of each ring, rather than the distance to the end of the whole event. And as the night sections for me are always the most exciting, there was never any question about giving up after the second ring.

But even if you cannot manage all three, you must do the Mosedale ring - the Lake District scenery is superb.

Thanks Tony for organising a great day's walking!
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Tue 20th Jun 2006, 15:55
Local Group: Cumbria
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Tue 20th Jun 2006, 15:20
Local Group: Lakeland
I was one of the wimps who only did one Ring, but the Mosedale circuit was superb. The route description said the Swindale waterfalls section was idyllic and it was no overstatement. For a tiny group, Cumbria do a great job. The food was particularly good - rhubarb crumble to die for and the best pie this side of the Northumberland Hundred!
Author: Andrew Clabon
Posted: Mon 19th Jun 2006, 12:13
Local Group: South Wales

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law