Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Training routes

Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Mon 14th Apr 2014, 21:03
Local Group: West Yorkshire
If you do the LDWA events regularly you may not need to train! Otherwise read on
Firstly you need to be able to do the distance comfortably, so doing some long local walks, get used to the stamina needed and make sure your boots don't give you blisters on long walks.
Secondly, the more aerobically fit you are the quicker you will ascend the hills, so if you want a good time do some aerobic training. I have done it 20 times. I once did it after working out on a rowing machine for a year and completed it in 6 1/2 hours. That was over 20 years ago, my last time was pretty close to the 12 hours max

From experience of our walking club, anyone who walks every week 10 to 15 miles will be able to complete the 3 peaks with no distress.
The main thing is to be fit enough to enjoy it as its a great walk.

It such a shame to see people doing it who are hating every minute because they are unfit.

A lady in the Ramblers association did it on her 70th birthday. And again on her 80th! How about that?
Author: Jayne Ward
Posted: Sun 6th Apr 2014, 18:01
Local Group: Surrey
I am doing the Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge in May and would like some suggested training routes. I live on Surrey/SW London borders.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law