Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - 20th Pendle Witch Way CANCELLED

Author: Alwyn Barry Clough
Posted: Tue 1st Apr 2014, 13:23
Local Group: East Lancashire
What a shame for such a brilliant event. I have done this event quite a few times and love it.
The only problem here is that it is on the same day as the 3 Peaks Fell Race and The Fellsman which are all local to here. I am on The Fellsman this year other wise would have book on to it.
To keep the event running next year happen a change of dates so did does not collide with the other 2 events if that is possible at all.
The 3 Peaks Fell race as always been on this weekend but The Fellsman changed it a few years ago due to restrictions from farmers and brought it back 2 weeks so the event could continue.
If the Pendle Witch Way is to continue maybe a date switch is an option here to and that way do not to loose an event in such a superb location.
Author: David Findel-Hawkins
Posted: Tue 1st Apr 2014, 10:35
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
I'm afraid I have to report, that due to lack of entries, the 20th Pendle Witch Way on the 26th April has been cancelled. All entrants will receive a refund.

While there are plenty of events in the South that weekend, there doesn't appear to be any in Lancashire or Yorkshire so it is disappointing that such a good event may now be lost forever.

Dave Findel-Hawkins
Challenge Events Sec

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law