Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Red Rose 100

Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Sat 5th Apr 2014, 22:38
Local Group: East Lancashire
Thought 3. I think the chap who is responsible for ordering the soup has underestimated (again...). I think the plan is to lose (as you suggest) about 100 100ers, so that the soup we have will stretch to all the finishers. :) [Please keep this to yourself Peter, as some folks are a little touchy...]
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Sat 5th Apr 2014, 22:17
Local Group: East Lancashire
Thought 2 - Just use the broomstick as issued with your tally.
Author: Peter Jull
Posted: Sun 30th Mar 2014, 12:07
Local Group: Kent
1st thoughts on Red Rose 100 route from the article in strider.
Thought 1: Do we enter Whalley across the viaduct; that looks interesting?
Thought 2: Are they really going to make us go straight up the scarp face of Pendle Hill 500ft ascent in 300 yards, that’s 1:2, that’s mountaineering not walking! Reflection: I’m leading a social walk up the face of the White Cliffs of Dover in May which is just as steep if not quite so long but at least the zigzags make it look less daunting.
Thought 3: Gisburn Forest looks like a night time navigation nightmare capable of losing 100 100ers
Thought 4: How will I be spending the 2nd night? Not so clear.
Thought 5: The 2nd half and especially the last stage looks kinder than the 1st, thank you Lancashire.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law