Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Website Development - Twitter & Our group web page

Author: Aaron Hookway
Posted: Tue 20th May 2014, 19:14
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Hi Tony

I have managed to sort it out, many thanks for your assistance.

Looks like @VermuydenLDWA have gone all "Buck Rogers"
Posted: Mon 7th Apr 2014, 14:10
Hi Tony

Many thanks for the assistance, I'll attempt your directions and let you know how I get on...

Aaron
Author: Tony Cartwright
Posted: Sun 6th Apr 2014, 19:27
Local Group: Surrey
Hi Aaron,

Try this:-

Google for a Twitter image, select and download the one you like.
Open the LDWA page on which you wish to insert the image.
Upload the image and resize it with the edit tools (just like you would with respect to any other image or pic)
Unless you are familiar with HTML you need a 'guide' to help you place the image on your page. The simple way is to insert a table of 1 row by say 10 columns, placed in the row you would like the image to appear. Click into one of cells and insert the image. So for example if you want your image at the top of the page in the middle then insert the table at the top of the page and the image in the middle cell.
Finally you need to hyperlink the image to your Twitter account.

All this worked for me - hope it helps

Tony (Surrey Group)
Posted: Sat 29th Mar 2014, 22:51
Could some dear sole please tell me how to get either the Twitter bird logo or the "follow us" strap line onto the local group website template.

I have looked at all the other group sites and as far as I can see only Surrey group have the logo on their page.

Some other groups have managed also but don't use the template like we do.

Many thanks for any assistance given
Aaron

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law