Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Cestrian Link Walk

Author: Timothy Hodges
Posted: Sun 16th Feb 2014, 2:07
Local Group: Anytime Anywhere
Yes indeed, nothing beats an OS map and knowing how to use it. But it is often a good Idea to have a backup -- especially if one is on 1300 mile walk :) .
Author: Arthur Metcalfe
Posted: Thu 13th Feb 2014, 11:25
Local Group: West Yorkshire
reguarding this walk, just measure it on the os maps to set your distances for the day, it's much more intresting reading the map than a gps a metcalfe ripon
Author: Timothy Hodges
Posted: Mon 10th Feb 2014, 18:55
Local Group: Anytime Anywhere
As part of my LEJOG for next year I am planning to walk between the north end of the Offa's Dyke Path and the south end of the Pennine Way at Edale.

I have managed to obtain a used copy of John Davenport's "Cestrian Link Walk" (Edale to Prestatyn). It looks perfect. However, it was published a number of years ago and is written for those traveling from east to west (I'll be traveling in an easterly direction).

I was wondering if anyone has recently walked the Cestrian Link and is there gpx file is available?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law