Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Where Ravens Dare

Author: David Morgan
Posted: Tue 8th Oct 2013, 15:07
Local Group: South Wales
Thanks to all for the wonderful feedback, both on the forum here and by the large number of emails sent to us. The WRD is likely to be back in 2014, but there's a small event to sort out in May first ;-)
Author: Ian Hull
Posted: Sun 6th Oct 2013, 22:25
Local Group: South Pennine
Stunning in a word . One of the very best routes & events on the calendar . Perfect weather , distant views across the valleys to the Brecon Beacons , umpteen other hilltops & the Severn ; remote lofty hill walking with plenty of ascent & descent in splendid isolation on good paths & superb South Wales hospitality . Almost 27 miles with 5800 ft ascent .

Gourmet sandwiches in Cwmcarn : smoked salmon & cream cheese , corned beef & onion relish amongst many others . At the finish delicious Welsh broth then a range of cakes to even rival the Harden Hard’un : raspberry , lemon & yogurt , chocolate , lemon drizzle , coffee & walnut to name a few !

A taster near the start / finish into a small part ( in reverse ) of the Valleys 100 route , which if WRD & it’s sister event the Rhondda Rollercoaster are anything to go by will be a superb visual delight . Thanks to all at South Wales group for two excellent events this year .
Author: Ben Cooley
Posted: Sun 6th Oct 2013, 13:31
Local Group: Mid Wales
I fully concur with what Richard says here - a fantastic day.
Trevor - if the Valleys 100 is anything like yesterdays Where Ravens Dare then It'll be a superb weekend. The whole day; scenery, hospitality, checkpoints were wonderful and the food was lush!
Thanks to all South Wales group who organized, manned check points and made the lovely food.
Author: Richard Plumley
Posted: Sun 6th Oct 2013, 10:29
Local Group: Bristol & West
this is a tough event but the hospitality given so freely by the south wales group makes this event unmissable ,weather again perfect views outstanding nearly worth all those relentless climbs ,food beyond your wildest dreams on a challenge walk at cwm carn cp and at the finnish thankyou for the memorable[still aching]day out
Author: Ben Cooley
Posted: Mon 16th Sep 2013, 22:03
Local Group: Mid Wales
I've already got an entry on Where Ravens Dare:
1. Because I hope to take part in the Valleys 100
2. I've been told that it's an awesome event
3. South Wales group have had some fantastic hospitality/food at their checkpoint on the last 3 100's I've done
Really looking forward to it!
Author: Trevor White
Posted: Mon 16th Sep 2013, 20:51
Local Group: South Wales
If anyone is thinking of entering next year’s Valleys Hundred then why not come along to the Where Ravens Dare Challenge Walk on 5th October. It will give you a feel for the South Wales Valleys.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law