Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Garmin FR 610 battery life

Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Sun 5th Jan 2014, 23:56
Local Group: East Lancashire
I picked up an Anker charger from Father Christmas.

Seems to do the trick :)
Author: Rhys Pippard
Posted: Mon 21st Oct 2013, 23:17
Local Group: South Wales
I used my Garmin FR 610 on the Round Rotherham 50 miler on Saturday, and it last just over 8 hours. I imagine the 410 is about the same. If you want something longer, go for a Fenix or a 310XT.
Posted: Fri 12th Jul 2013, 19:13
Oops

Its a 410...
Posted: Thu 11th Jul 2013, 1:25
I have one of these devices and its great for recording details of where you have been.

It has a battery life of about 8 - 9 hours, so I lost the last couple of miles of the end of the Marsden - Edale last year... frustrating :(

I have seen the PowerMonkey, and wondered if anyone has used this with a Garmin FR 610.

I am rather keen not to fry the watch whilst charging it, and not being an electrician, I am not too sure about power outputs etc. The mains charger for the Garmin states that its output is 5v at 1.0A maximum

I also wonder if a similar emergency charger powered by AA batteries may be better for longer events, as the PowerMonkey seems to need to be recharged itself 'back at base'.

Any advice much appreciated.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law