Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - I support the petition for an adjustment of funding for refuges and mountain trails

Author: Nic Arb
Posted: Tue 16th Jul 2013, 21:03
Local Group: Kent
It is not the first time that I write something and my post appears empty. So again, here it is:

Sorry. I use Chrome and when the page loads I get the message: this page is in German, would you like to translate it?
Posted: Tue 16th Jul 2013, 21:01
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Mon 15th Jul 2013, 22:48
Local Group: East Lancashire
Translation via Firefox (or one of its plugins...)

"Petitions

an adaptation of the funding for refuges and mountain trails

We call for the adjustment of the annual federal funding to € 4 million *

We demand to ensure safety of planning a legal basis for the grant funds the Ministry of Economy.

We want our contract for maintenance of 475 shelters and 50,000 km of mountain paths continue to meet.

* This value is increased by the construction cost index for the grant amount in 1992."
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Mon 15th Jul 2013, 22:44
Local Group: East Lancashire
My browser (Mozilla Firefox if I recall correctly...) offers a translation, which was good enough for me to understand the petition.

I signed it in the international spirit of co-operation between fellow walkers. (Nothing to do with damning this austerity malarkey...)

Also, I think my great great granddad came from Austria, so I am not a foreigner - well - to you Englishmen and Women I may be... :)
Author: Armorel Young
Posted: Mon 15th Jul 2013, 13:18
Local Group: Sherwood
It seems to be a petitition asking the Austrian government to increase its funding for refuges and mountain huts from the present level of 1.30 million euros to 4 million euros annually. So it raises the interesting question of the extent to which it is appropriate for "foreigners" like us to try to tell the Austrian government how to spend its money.
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Mon 15th Jul 2013, 0:10
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Unless I can read it in English I can't sign it
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Mon 15th Jul 2013, 0:07
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Erm... in German??
Posted: Sat 13th Jul 2013, 13:02
Bug corrected. Now full UK postcode accepted
Posted: Mon 8th Jul 2013, 19:13
Make a statement - Sign the petition

If you want to sign this petition, please just input the first half of your postcode. There is a bug that I asked them to correct: it won't accept your full postcode.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law