Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - offas dyke

Author: Edward Marshall
Posted: Sat 17th Jan 2015, 18:05
Local Group: Essex & Herts
I am planning to do Offas Dyke this year in September over 14 days with 1 rest day. Any recommendations appreciated as (i) places for rest day (ii) luggage transfer opportunities (iii) places to leave car if we decide to drive to/from start/finish?
Author: Martyn Morris
Posted: Thu 13th Feb 2014, 19:58
Local Group: Staffordshire
Hi everyone
I'm doing offa's dyke in late July onwards, and going from south to north so I can rest my poor trotters in the clear blue sea. Rather than a mercy estuary that's my way ..
Posted: Tue 18th Jun 2013, 17:50
I walked Offa's Dyke north to south in 2005. Just about everyone else I met was going the other way. I chose my way so that I ended up closer to home (Somerset) and my son gave me a lift back from Chepstow.
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Wed 12th Jun 2013, 19:31
Local Group: East Lancashire
From the National Trails website - FAQ

"South to North or North to South?

A survey undertaken in 1999 found that 71% of people spending more than one day on the path were heading from south to north, with 25% going north-south and 4% doing out and back walks. It is likely that the majority were heading north because most guidebooks, including the official one, go that way but further research would be needed to find out if this is the case!"
Posted: Wed 12th Jun 2013, 16:42
North or South? divided opinion on this, but I guess someone on here has done this trail both ways. For the record I will do it north to south.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law