Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Northumberland 100

Author: Chris Chorley
Posted: Mon 22nd May 2006, 20:24
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
You have all the luck on the main event ! The start/finish and breakfast were not in such desirable locations on the marshals' walk...
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Mon 22nd May 2006, 15:43
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Did you realise that the start is in Brewery Road and breakfast is in Brewery Lane? Sounds promising.
Posted: Sun 14th May 2006, 21:49
That is pretty much what we did. Tracklogs on A4 pages for sections between CPs (2 pages in some cases to keep it to approx 1:25 000) and the route description on the reverse of the page. Just CP grid refs in the GPS. All laser printed in case of Northumbrian rain, but we didn't get a drop...
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sat 13th May 2006, 18:48
Local Group: Merseystride
Thanks Chris. Really looking forward to the event. I'm using the 1:25,000 CD's from Tracklogs for preparing enlarged strip maps as I usually prefer to read a map rather than a route-description. I can also download the route into my GPS to help in cases of utter lost-ness ! - Garfield
Posted: Thu 11th May 2006, 21:52
Lovely weather both days. Very hot Saturday, never seen Scotland looking so good. Very cold overnight and a perfect Sunday for walking. Very good route, the soft Cheviots offset the minor roads and forest tracks. Mind the bearings and use your map in preference. The odd distance is a bit out, but otherwise route description works with the odd small problem. Again, have the map ready. We had a very good breakfast (courtesy South Manchester group ?). We needed more carbohydrate and less sugar (more bread, less cake) on the Sunday. Only one ploughed field. Oh, and the bit from Chatton Sandyfords (after CP16) can't be easy in the dark, we had trouble in the light. I think it's supposed to be flagged for the main event. Overall, well done Northumbria (or is that a bus company?). I'd like to do the walk again (oh, forgot we are, sweeping Morebattle to Alwinton...)
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Thu 11th May 2006, 16:30
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Any news from the Marshals' walk?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law