Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Ironman Triathlon

Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Tue 23rd Jul 2013, 17:04
Local Group: Lakeland
Unfortunately Matt was not one of the successful entries. It's all rather academic now as he has just had an operation to remedy a herniated disc, and his current PB is about 30 minutes for a mile!
Thanks to everyone who voted for him.
Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013, 14:44
The good news is that Matt was successful in the competition to get an entry in the Hawaii Ironman triathlon in October. The bad news is that there is a second round and we have to do it all over again!

For the second (and final) round, the forty five chosen presentations have been divided into three groups of fifteen, and two entries will be awarded from each group based on the number of votes received. Finally a wild card entry will be awarded by the organisers, making seven entries in total. What a palaver!

Please take another look at Matt's video at Matt's Ironman Video and vote for Matt by clicking on the "Vote for this" button. Voting is open now and closes in ten days time on 27th June - and daily votes are allowed.

Many thanks.
Author: Martin Kenyon
Posted: Thu 9th May 2013, 20:49
Fantastic, it got my vote. Well done to all.
Author: Terry Bound
Posted: Tue 7th May 2013, 22:00
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
Got both our votes, good luck!
Author: Roy Turner
Posted: Thu 2nd May 2013, 18:47
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Got my vote as well Tony.

Wish him well, Regards Roy.
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Tue 30th Apr 2013, 20:12
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
And from me Tony
Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Tue 30th Apr 2013, 20:06
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Another one from Edith and myself.
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Tue 30th Apr 2013, 19:39
Local Group: East Lancashire
Done

Good luck!
Posted: Tue 30th Apr 2013, 17:28
Our son Matt works for Special Olympics New Jersey , an organization that provides sports training and athletic competition to children and adults with intellectual disabilities. He is hoping to win an entry to this year's Hawaii Ironman Triathlon to help publicise and develop a SONJ triathlon programme.
Perhaps you could take a look at the 90 second video he has produced at http://bit.ly/ZKGPw2
and if like me you think it is a worthwhile project then vote for Matt by clicking on the "Vote for this" button.
Many thanks

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law