Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - PEATLANDS WAY

Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Tue 9th May 2006, 8:27
Local Group: Marches
Shame - the people were friendly, and the food good at the end but it was bitterly let down by firstly the route description (for those of you just about to say it is meant to be only a guide, loads of people were getting lost and it was difficult to follow on a map as it is not yet marked as a LDP)and also the lack of accurate milage on the route description. I had been walking for 6.5hrs, but told I had only walked 18m. I am an experienced walker and know I walk at 3.5mph so this was totally soul destroying. Also, although the checkpointers were great, you had to queue up for a small cup of orange rather than having being able to help yourself which was unnecessary. It is pancake flat and has the potential to be a cracking, fast event, but desperately needs more time investment in a better route description with accurate milage for me to consider it again. Incidentally I got so fed up with constantly going wrong I forged my own route back to the start after 35m.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law