Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Soon

Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Mon 22nd Apr 2013, 18:45
Local Group: East Yorkshire
"Of the 5000 plus members of the LDWA about 200 attend the AGM and the rest of us have to rely on the minutes to tell us who our new committee is, what decisions (if any) have been made and what topics of interest were discussed. On an individual level I would like to know and as a local group committee member who has a meeting in 2 weeks time when we hoped to consider the minutes their absence is pretty inconvenient"

I have to question why more Groups don't attend our AGM if it is suddenly so important to get the minutes. You need the minutes you could come to the meeting.
Posted: Mon 22nd Apr 2013, 10:18
I thought it was a similarly light hearted reply. The minutes were approved at the National Committee meeting on Saturday 20th April and Simon Leck is to put them on the website on Tuesday as he is attending the LDWA Internet sub-committee today. Maybe the NEC should review procedures on producing, agreeing and circulating the minutes.
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Sun 21st Apr 2013, 19:07
Local Group: Marches
I thought if I posted something light hearted and uncritical I might get a reply along the lines – “They have just been put on the website” or maybe “Will have them sorted next week”. Didn’t expect – “we are all too busy and they don’t matter anyway”. Of the 5000 plus members of the LDWA about 200 attend the AGM and the rest of us have to rely on the minutes to tell us who our new committee is, what decisions (if any) have been made and what topics of interest were discussed. On an individual level I would like to know and as a local group committee member who has a meeting in 2 weeks time when we hoped to consider the minutes their absence is pretty inconvenient. As a seasoned minute taker I know that they are tedious to produce but the longer the delay the less accurate the record and the less relevant the content. I rather hoped for a more constructive response.
Posted: Sat 20th Apr 2013, 22:04
I was tempted to say that our AGM minutes have less impact on life threatening circumstances than the Shipping Forecast but then again, do mariners rely on the latter any longer? it seems just a Radio 4 quirky prog to give the Home Counties a bit of feelgood. Seriously, the folks getting the minutes out have had other pressing matters on which to concentrate.
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Fri 19th Apr 2013, 22:26
Local Group: Marches
How do you define "soon"
The AGM minutes have been "coming soon" for about 6 weeks now.
"Expected soon" in the shipping forecast means 6 - 12 hours - but I suppose we are a little more laid back than mariners.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law