Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Ridgeway 40

Author: Ian Walker
Posted: Tue 16th Apr 2013, 7:51
Local Group: South Wales
I'm happy to second the Salomon recommendation - at least try some and see if they are comfortable. After years of footware problems I'm now using a pair of Salomon XT Wings and I think - touch wood! - I've found walking shoe Nirvana. I'll be wearing mine on the Camel-Teign 100 next month, and that'll be their true baptism of fire...
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Mon 15th Apr 2013, 0:17
Local Group: East Lancashire
I favour the Salomon trail shoes - with the quick lacing system...

I have no vested interest, and they are not cheap... :( but I find them very stable and comfortable over distance
Posted: Sun 14th Apr 2013, 17:25
Many thanks Armorel, relatively new to this so grateful for your comments. Did the black mountain roundabout yesterday and definately a boot job! Just been looking at off road trainers - so many to chose from but will have a good look and try on!
Author: Armorel Young
Posted: Sun 14th Apr 2013, 17:05
Local Group: Sherwood
I've done this a couple of times - it's a nice, fairly fast walk mainly on grassy tracks. It's true that the majority of people wear trainers rather than boots - but then that is the case with the majority of challenge walks (and you will find plenty of discussion here and elsewhere about the relative merits of different types of footwear - for example there was a thread just recently in the "Gear" forum entitled "Boots or trainers"). On the Ridgeway there is probably even less of a case for boots than there might be on more rugged or mountainous terrain, but ultimately it is a case of personal preference.
Posted: Sun 14th Apr 2013, 16:45
Anyone done this previously. Just been looking at some reviews online and it said that no one wears walking boots but mainly off road trainers - I will be walking it ............... any suggestions???

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law