Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Triangulation Points

Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Mon 10th Jun 2013, 18:30
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Re trig points, by clicking on here............ www.geograph.org.uk/search.php?i=42030918&page=1 you can see 8177 photos of UK trigs points. With a map under each photo to tell you where they are.
Author: Lynda Lillington
Posted: Thu 4th Apr 2013, 10:44
Local Group: Wessex
Ian - can we continue this conversation (?) by email, I think it will probably be safer(!!), and it is of no relevance to other users. Lynda@mjlillington.plus.com
Posted: Wed 3rd Apr 2013, 17:09
Hi Lynda, if your having trouble with the lists what I can do, if you tell me which areas your thinking about I'll print them off and post them to you. Unless your down doing the Cornwall/Devon 100 in May, them you can collect them from me in person.

Re GPS? , I haven't clue what your talking about. Ho, hang on, are GPS's what you see some walkers using because they lack map reading skills?
;-0 sitting back and waiting for the flack...
Posted: Wed 3rd Apr 2013, 14:27
Thank you very much Ian, given me food for thought, although my downloading skills are not up to much, dont have GPS or anything like that.
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Tue 2nd Apr 2013, 9:50
Local Group: Northumbria
The website that Ian has listed says between1938 and1962
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Tue 2nd Apr 2013, 9:12
Local Group: Dorset
Does anyone know when they were built ?? I think that trig points are the modern equivalent of megaliths. I hate to see them vandalised or (in rare cases, bulldozed away)
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Mon 1st Apr 2013, 17:21
Local Group: East Lancashire
we seem to have a lot more than Russia...
Posted: Mon 1st Apr 2013, 17:19
Why can't we edit our posts on here?

Also if you click on " by OS area" down the left hand side you can see all the trigs points in that 100km square. Here's the link for my home TA square. www.haroldstreet.org.uk/trigpoints/trig-bagging.php?area=TA
Posted: Mon 1st Apr 2013, 17:04
Hi again Lynda I think I've found what your looking for. http://www.haroldstreet.org.uk/trigpoints/download.php?waypoints=29 just click on the red pins for more details of the trig point.
Posted: Mon 1st Apr 2013, 16:52
Hi Lynda, I do know that there is a book/booklet that you can buy with them all listed, but don't know were you can buy one from. I found this on a quick search. http://www.trigpointinguk.com/trigs/view-map.php?q=557&v=y Maybe by digging deeper you'll find what your looking for.
Posted: Mon 1st Apr 2013, 15:43
Does anyone know of a list of Trig Points as shown on OS maps, cannot find anything on their site.
Sorry, but I have inadvertantly posted this in a discussion about Strider. I'm a newbie..

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law