Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - WYE FOREST 50

Posted: Tue 30th May 2006, 22:40
Thanks Chris. I had not realised that but it is not really my walking area so I might not have taken a lot of notice of anything I had read. However my daughter now lives in Gloucester and hearing good reports re the Wye 50 made me think it was all possible logistically.

John
Author: Chris Boden
Posted: Tue 30th May 2006, 14:12
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
John - The WF50 is one leg of the South West Triple Challenge, a rolling three-year cycle of 50-60 milers run by Bristol+West, Dorset and Devon+Cornwall groups.

Next year is the Dorset Giant (Weymouth to Cerne Abbas and back), which is provisionally scheduled for the same weekend as the WF50 was this year - there are details up on http://www.btinternet.com/~hardy.annual/dorsetgiant.htm. The other leg is the Wellington Boot (2005 and, presumably, 2008).
Posted: Tue 30th May 2006, 13:29
I had heard positive things about this walk and had pencilled it in for next year. I take it from the last post that it won't be on until 2009. What a pity.
Author: Chris Boden
Posted: Thu 11th May 2006, 12:32
Great event, made even better by the timely and very comprehensive report/results sheet which arrived in my e-mail inbox overnight - thanks Dave. (there are also some pics up on the group website). Too bad that someone managed to antagonise one of the farmers, but hopefully that won't prevent another running in 2009. In the meantime, roll on the Dorset Giant!
Author: Fiona Cameron
Posted: Thu 4th May 2006, 8:43
Local Group: Surrey
I'd just like to echo Rebecca's and Anne's comments. I had a fabulous day out. Many thanks to Bristol & West Group, and to the runners who kept me company.
Author: Chris Pitt
Posted: Wed 3rd May 2006, 13:43
Local Group: Dorset
Rebecca says it all, great event with great support well done Bristol and West.
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Wed 3rd May 2006, 9:39
Like to agree with both your comments. Was an excellent event with fantastic scenery. We got confused after checkpoint 2 as well with the RUPP. Unfortunately had to retire in between CP 2 & 3. Only gripe is that I wish there had been better spread at CP1 apart from cake and biscuits. Apart from that a super event. Look forward to the next one in 2009!
Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Tue 2nd May 2006, 22:10
Local Group: Heart of England
We would like to reiterate what Rebecca says and add that this was a very enjoyable event. It was tough, but rewarding. The route description was excellent, except for some confusion after CP2 where the FP/RUPP sign had been turned around! The weather could not have been better and the ground conditions superb. Everyone was very friendly and it was an especial joy to arrive at the checkpoints and to have an amazing spread of food and drink available. Sufficient sustenance indeed! Thank you so much to all the organisers and helpers and all your hard work.
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Tue 2nd May 2006, 8:40
Local Group: Marches
Brilliant!!!!!!Scenery spectacular, good fun going through the forest at night (didn't get lost amazingly!) - and so well organised - the checkpointers were fantastic and couldn't do enough for you - food was fab. Absolute cracker of an event. Well done Bristol and West group and all their helpers.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law