Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Grand Union Canal Walk

Author: Hugo Campbell
Posted: Tue 2nd Jun 2015, 11:28
Local Group: London
Hi to all , I am about to do 100 km Action Challenge walk from Paddington to Bletchley and was wondering if anyone had any advice for me...i am a keen walker and do ca 40-50 miles per week to and from work and have done some practice walks (25 kms & 35 kms) ...have never as yet walked further than 50 kms.
any hep?

Thanks
hugo
Author: David Smith
Posted: Sun 10th Mar 2013, 23:39
Local Group: Heart of England
Hi,

Giving some thought to an slightly extended GUC way walk in 2014 - walking from home (Walsall) to Little Venice.
Walked Little Venice to Brum last year, with a support van, though intend to do this solo.

Can anyone help in compiling a list of campsites that are available without deviating from the canal too much?
Stayed a night at the old dairy farm in stoke hammond last year, but most nights where just spent canal side.
Which I'll do if need be - but would rather not.

looking at very approximate nights in the areas of...

Leamington Spa -
Weedon -
Stoke Hammond - Old Dairy Farm
Kings langley -

Thanks in advance.

Dave

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law