Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The woldsman

Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Thu 4th May 2006, 10:02
Local Group: High Peak
was that the bit as it was going dark and this bloke said " they should have put a track instead of a green lane" because it looked more like a narrow field with a track down the left hand side, than a green lane, if so that was me
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Thu 4th May 2006, 8:57
Local Group: Marches
It was just the bit where it said to 'turn right on a green lane' after crossing fields. The route description was extremely detailed on this part, telling you to turn left on the path, then right, across the field to a gate, then turn right on a green lane. It just threw us the fact that you had to go through this first gate to another gate before turning right on the green lane. The description only mentioned 1 gate. I agree the route description is only a guide, but when it is inconsistent, i.e. mentioning every twist and turn then forgetting to mention a gate, it adds confusion - especially in the night sections.
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Thu 27th Apr 2006, 21:02
Local Group: High Peak
It did say that the route description was only an outline, and it was our fault we read 800yds instead of 200 yds at the last checkpoint, but you can't beat a bit of fried bread before the start, really enjoyed the event and look forward to next year.
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Thu 27th Apr 2006, 13:06
Local Group: Marches
Brilliantly organised walk - thought the route description was open to a little misinterpretation and I felt it needed a little more detail on a couple of points and the distances felt out, but food was great, the meal at halfway quickly served and the organisers made the effort to provide hot drinks at most of the checkpoints which was great.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law