Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Chris Dawes

Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Tue 27th Nov 2012, 9:34
Local Group: Marches
Unfortunately the Marches Group website has chosen thei time to have a complete meltdown - or "critical error" as its apparently known. We suspect it is Chris' influence - the comparison with "My Grandfather's Clock" comes to mind-but the forum is still working and up to date news and tributes to Chris are being posted in the forum area http://members.boardhost.com/marches-ldwa/msg/1353961509.html
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Sat 24th Nov 2012, 7:08
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Although Chris had confessed health concerns when I was sweeper and walked with him on our East Yorks Woldsman back in April, he volunteered to lead a walk just last Saturday for my LDWA Local Reps weekend get together at Coalport, Ironbridge, and attended our Delegates meeting on Sunday morning. He seemed his usual irascible self, a fine walking companion with a wealth of interests.
Author: Ross Weston
Posted: Fri 23rd Nov 2012, 17:00
Local Group: Marches
Just read the sad news about Chris Dawes.

I've met Chris at various walks during my short LDWA membership, and even accompanied him for part of the Three Shires route last year, and despite being around 30 my senior, was still able to outstrip me.

A sad loss for the LDWA and the Marches Group.

RIP Chris.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law