Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Anytime Challenges - Etiquette

Author: Bradley Gurney
Posted: Wed 19th Sep 2012, 21:53
Local Group: Marches
Thank you, i will just get out there, as suggested. :)
Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Mon 17th Sep 2012, 15:41
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi Bradley, no problem with you having the GPX download to navigate and then if you wish write for the route description, badge and certificate (if there is one) after completion. If you record the track file and find a major error or omission please let me know so that the file can be adjusted. Good Luck. John
Author: David Kearns
Posted: Mon 17th Sep 2012, 9:36
Hi Brad

How to do an anytime challenge :

1. Drive to the start
2. Set off on the walk,and continue until back where you started
3. Get into the car and go home

It really is as simple as that!

Good luck

Dave
Author: Bradley Gurney
Posted: Sun 16th Sep 2012, 21:53
Local Group: Marches
Hi

I would like to do some anytime challenges, and need some guidance as how i go about this.

I can see I can download the GPX file, and being a bit of a "techie" this is my preferred way of "navigating".

Is it OK to complete the trail without having the official route description?

I have no problem paying for the route description post walking the challenge when logging my completion. Is this an unwritten infringement?

I just want to do the Challenges, without having to write and send a cheque now and then write and send a cheque after completion.

Thanks in advance

Brad

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law