Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Camel Teign Ivor's Dream 100 GPS?

Posted: Sun 9th Sep 2012, 21:31
Thanks David for that suggestion, It was an important consideration when deciding on certainly the finish - if not the start of the Camel Teign Ivor's Dream 100. We had considered most stops between Exeter and Plymouth as possible finishes because of the environmental issues and fuel costs for entrants etc. Whilst there are very few railway stops along the north coast (the Camel Trail that the 100 route uses is the disused branch line that went through Wadebridge to Padstow from Bodmin Parkway), because of the tourism in that area there is an hourly bus service through the summer months which reaches Wadebridge from Bodmin Parkway in 30 minutes.
Annette Merchant
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Sun 9th Sep 2012, 20:45
Local Group: South Wales
Why drive? There is an excellent train service to Plymouth and then on to Bodmin Parkway. I've used a bus from Bodmin Parkway to Camelford and it took 20 minutes. Teignmouth is on the main line too, so cars can be left at home with ease on this trip!!!
Author: Mark Garratt
Posted: Sun 9th Sep 2012, 15:45
Local Group: Heart of England
Hi Sean I think the entries open 16 th October . This one will fill up fast I suggest but traveling down the M5 on Friday beginning of the Whitsun holiday will be a challenge in itself
Posted: Fri 7th Sep 2012, 14:08
Can someone tell me whether co-ordinates will be available from SatMap on there SD card, I took advantage of the offer from this years Games 100 and found the GPS device very usful not only in the dark but equally so in the rain. As i now own the equipment it would be very useful to have them send me the route on Camel Teign Ivor's Dream 100 on a SD card and subsequent 100s.

Dont get me wrong, my mate and I do like the old school paper method but the reassurance the GPS offers when your tired is priceless.
Oh and do we know the dates for when the registation forms will available, really do not want to miss out on this one,

Sean

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law